Wednesday, August 19, 2009

General Political Weirdness

Recently, a few things have been grabbing my attention. They seem like mycelia; a little here & there, getting ready to bloom into one cohesive conservative fungus.


May: The Credit Cardholders Bill of Rights:

Gun rider on this bill allows gun owners to bring concealed and loaded weapons into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as they are permitted by the laws of the state in which the park is located.

August: Guns at Obama Speeches
Protesters at Obama speeches carrying unconcealed weapons, such as AR-15s. One carried a sign saying "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty," a reference to Thomas Jefferson's quote that "the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I'm not a gun control 'advocate', but if a bunch of liberals tried doing the same thing at a George W. speech, they would have been arrested & removed (and probably ruffed up in jail).

Birther's Defacto Call for Revolution
From their poorly constructed, weak logic web page:
"“It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775"

Elsewhere on their webpage under acceptable use, they attempt to copyright everything on their page, and by continuing to read it, you agree to abide by its terms. However, the quote I supplied from their page is in the public domain. If I had the same amount of paranoia, false bravado, misguided judgment, and time & energy as they do about discrepancies like this, I would construct an argument about how they are trying to copyright the public domain as well as limit the rights of people who seek multiple viewpoints. But I'm tired, and have a life.

Anyway, is it just me, or do you see a trend here? My suggestion: Obama, please don't go camping on a national park near birthers anytime soon! And if you do, leave the girls at home. I see a potential for a national tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment