Monday, September 7, 2009

Food of the Gods Part II

OK, here's the anti-ostentatious meal number 2:

On the morning I was to be made a Master Mason, I knew it was going to be a long day. There were to be ten men raised that day (7 in our Lodge & three from other Lodges. Details here: June 2009 Trestleboard ). And I need to snack constantly, or suffer from low blood sugar evils such as shakiness and general crabbiness.

To aid me in the endeavor, I made a meal fit for such an event:

Note, I would have preferred to use Marmite, but substituted Vegemite as I was out.


All the ingredients:
Toast, eggs, Vegemite, Almond Butter, Mayo, Braggs Liquid Aminos, Tillamook cheddar


Nearly assembled in all its splendor:


Complete with 'uber-secret' symbology. As in not secret at all. Go check wikipedia or "Freemasons for Dummies" for details on the meaning of the square & compass... although the knives & forks also have a special meaning to Masons ;)

Don't worry I'm not breaking any vows here even if I did tell you about them. Brother Chris Hodapp is just so much more elegant than I :)